Friday, August 07, 2009

"Wisdom tells me that I am Nothing. Love tells me that I am everything. Between the two my life flows." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

For two years (1985-1987), John Hughes and I wrote letters back and forth. He told me - in long hand black felt tip pen on yellow legal paper - about life on a film set and about his family. I told him about boys, my relationship with my parents and things that happened to me in school. [...]

"I can't tell you how much I like your comments about my movies. Nor can I tell you how helpful they are to me for future projects. I listen. Not to Hollywood. I listen to you. I make these movies for you. Really. No lie. There's a difference I think you understand."

We'll Know When We Get There | Sincerely, John Hughes

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I read a lot of those letters. It makes me really happy that a director would take time to reach out to his fans like that.

He truly was a visionary.