Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them." - Epictetus

Long Beach resident and 10-year Mariners member, Amelia Davies, said she found the seminar extremely helpful because she is dealing with a daughter who is dating a Muslim man.

"I have to admit I have not taken it well," said Davies, 61. "But now I'm learning about how to talk to Muslims and how to welcome them into our community. I even got materials that I can send to my daughter so she can tell her boyfriend about Jesus and Christianity."
[...]
"Now, I understand that they don't know anything else, because they haven't been exposed to any other ideas," she said. "They have never seen the New Testament. They live in a closed community. I now understand that I need to have a gentler approach because now I know where they are coming from."

OC Register | Seminar aims to dispel fear of Muslims

No comments: